Hope everyone had a great Halloween!
I posted this (crappy) picture of the Monster Muffins I made for my kiddos classes and was asked to share my recipe. Obviously, I got the original recipe from somewhere in the Internet, but I switched some things up to make it vegan friendly. 🙂
- 2 c. unbleached all purpose or spelt flour
- ¾ cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup oil (canola, coconut, or olive)
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 (6 ounce) bag fresh baby spinach
- 2 mashed bananas
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly oil two 12-cup muffin pans.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a blender or food processor, mix oil, milk, and spinach. Blend until completely puréed. Add banana and vanilla; blend til just mixed.
- Pour puréed mixture into dry mixture and fold together with a rubber spatula until completely combined.
- Fill muffin tins about ⅔ full and bake 18-20 minutes!
If you try these, let me know how you liked them!