2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1/2 c chopped red onion
1 c shredded or cubed carrot
1 c quinoa
2 cloves minced garlic
2 c water
2 tsp tamari or low sodium soy sauce
1/2 c thawed frozen peas or if you ‘re like me and don’t like them, broccoli
1. Heat a 4 qt pot over medium heat.
2. Add oil and saute the onion, carrot, and quinoa until the quinoa turns a light brown.
3. Add the garlic, water, and tamari.
4. Stir well and cover. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook until the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
5. Add peas (broccoli) and stir to combine. Cover, remove from heat, and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.