This dish was very delicious! I don’t know where the recipe came from (my mom brought home yesterday from google), but because we have a large family, the recipe was doubled, which is the recipe below. 🙂 Enjoy & let me know if you like it!
Spaghetti Squash with Chickpeas & Kale
Makes enough for 4-6 people
2 spaghetti squash
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
2 shallot, sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic
1 tbs tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
pinch of chile flakes
1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
4 cups of chopped kale leaves (or more if desired)
juice of ½ a lemon
1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes (optional but oh so good!)
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
salt & pepper
Vegan parmesan (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice your squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Place the squash on a baking sheet, cut side up. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for about 1 hour or until the flesh is tender.
- Remove squash from the oven, let it cool slightly and use a fork to scrape the squash into strands. (set aside).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, lightly coat pan with extra-virgin olive oil, then add the shallot, garlic, rosemary, chile flakes, salt and pepper.
- Once the shallot starts to soften, add the chickpeas and cook for a few minutes until they turn lightly golden brown. Remove the garlic clove, and add the kale leaves, lemon juice, and stir.
- Once the kale is partially wilted, add the squash strands, a little vegan parm, & sun dried tomatoes. Toss to incorporate. Remove from heat and top with toasted pine nuts.